Friday 31 August 2012

Regal King Size ( UK )

Overview.                                      ( next review Marlboro Reds )

These are my preferd choice of cigarettes , i usually smoke them day in day out. I have done for some time now.Regal are the sister brand to the iconic Embassy , there both made my Imperial Tobacco , but all of Embassys products were formally made by w.h.o wills  ( The makers of Woodbine ). Embassy used to have many different verity  available  such as extra mild , premium , golds . So Regal are one of the last to stay. They don't sell well down in the south of England as they do the north Embassy sells better in the south of England ,so its a country divide between the two . Scotland is there biggiest market , possibly due to the Regal Scottish master snooker tornement sponsorship. If you are in the south of England be warned i believe there VERY hard to find.

Price 

This is how long ive smoked them for , they were around £5.10 then up and up then we were at £7 and now , imperial tobacco has just put the prices up on most of there brands resulting in Regal becoming £ 7.80 , this is dangerous stuff from Imperial , as not only do they risk losing custermers of there product like me and ive seen quite a few packs of these in people hands around the north of England, but there nearly running into the premium price band.

Packaging 

A white creamy background , with a blue strip that has a few different textures in it . With gold text and the Regal bit has a blue background. All the text on the pack is in blue and gold and the stripe goes around the box , in a almost zig zag notion , this was more visible before the warnings . It has not changed much over the years , its a bit basic , but it still looks good , there's something some what simple about it , i like it but it is plain. - 7-10 - others don't like it but i do.

The cig

Plain just say Regal King Size , they have quite a large filter compared to other cigs , it has a much better flavour compared to Embassy , they have a bit of a stronger flavour . It really is a great taste . They burn every quick . I get a slight sweet taste to them , a few pepole i know say they taste strong , but i dont think they do they , not as smooth as Embassy but overhual i think there much better , not much i can say on them as i smoke them a lot and dont notice as much .
Worth getting very good cig - burn time really let them down - 9 out of 10 - If your in the south there worth the find , very good , but unless your a fool like me you wont smoke them everyday with the price - although they can very easy be an everyday smoke as they are for me .
I ran out while out so i got two 10 packs , i have some duty free ones so when i get round to it i will compare them.


- pictures will follow later on today or tomorrow

6 comments:

  1. Regal are one of my main brands as well. Price increase has let them down abit though, I must agree. (my friends think I'm insane paying almost £8 for cigarettes). But I discovered this brand a few months back (I'm 14 btw) after smoking embassy number 1 and they have a great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but you get what you pay for similar to you all my friends think there's something missing in my head for paying for them. i started smoking them when i was 14/15 and have stuck to them as my main brand thanks for taking the time to read my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. tobacco is falling out of the ends of my cigarets when freshly opened how & where do I complain please?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regal king size have changed packet colours but the taste is very different but regal blue is suppose to be regal king size tastes like nothing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete